Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back to School with Whimsy and Stars Studio

Good Morning and Happy September!  I can hardly believe that we are into September, and all the children have returned or are returning to school!  Where did the summer go?

Today, I have created a special treat using this cute little guy appropriately title - Back to School.  I have found all of Mabelle's images so versatile.  They can be used on cards, tags or little projects such as this one.

I started out by using an empty Crystal Light container.  I covered it with a school themed paper, added paper fringe on the bottom, and some chalkboard ribbon to the top.  Then it was time to play with my dies - notebook paper and star.  I arranged them onto the tube so that my digital image would be the focal point. The digital image was hand colored with Copics and paper pieced.  The finishing touches - wood embellishment, an acrylic school bus and some star pins.  I filled the container with Hershey's Chocolate Kisses, but you could fill it with anything from crayons, erasers, etc.  A fun little gift to give your little one for his first day back to school! :)

Thanks for stopping by -remember this image as well as all of Mabelle's images can be found at Whimsy and Stars Studio, and are available by instant download!  Enjoy your day and happy creating - Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment